(Please read our services page for administrative details regarding our campaigns)
Each host that signs up to post during a campaign does so voluntarily. They are neither employees nor agents of JustRead Publicity Tours. As such, by law, there are certain things we cannot control.
- We cannot control or influence the content of their reviews, and we are not responsible for less-than-favorable reviews. Of course we hope for all 5 star reviews, but it’s said that ‘no two people ever read the same book’. Personal preferences, life experiences, and other factors influence every reader. What we ask of hosts is to give their honest opinions.
- Neither can we require hosts/reviewers to post to specific retail sites. We certainly encourage them to post to the usual places but legally we cannot require this.
- We are also not responsible for hosts who do not post on time (or at all) during a scheduled campaign. Please know, however, that we make every effort to ensure we have scheduled reliable hosts who will post on their specific day. Any host who misses (or is severely delinquent in) 3 posts – and does not contact us prior to reschedule – will no longer be allowed to post for JustRead campaigns.
At Just Read Publicity Tours, we are focused on Christian and clean read fiction. Please let us know upfront if the book associated with the campaign contains any foul language and/or sexual content. Failure to do so may result in the cancellation of your campaign with no refund, particularly if the campaign has already begun. FYI, kissing is fine 😊
Because we (Annie and Carrie) are receiving compensation related to the book(s) associated with the campaign, we are not legally permitted to post our reviews to any retail sites. However, if you would like us to review the book on our blogs and sites such as Goodreads, Library Thing, etc., we are more than happy to do so once the campaign has completed, as long as a copy (digital or print) is provided for each of us.
Giveaways are the author’s (or publisher’s) responsibility. JustRead will supply the entry form and select a winner. But delivery of the giveaway to the winner is not our liability or responsibility. We are not responsible for lost mail or damaged prizes. We are also not responsible for what the winner may or may not do with their prize.
Payments and Refunds:
- Prices on proposals will be valid 30 days after issue. After 30 days, a new request is required to receive an updated proposal. Proposed tour dates will be held for 7 days from proposal issued date. After 7 days, proposed tour dates may no longer be available.
- JustRead Publicity Tours require. a nonrefundable deposit of 50% of the total fee within 7 days of scheduling your campaign with JustRead. An invoice will be emailed to you once your campaign is scheduled. At that time, please also indicate in writing to JustRead that you have received, read and agree to our terms and conditions.
- The remaining 50% of JustRead’s fee must be paid at least 7 days prior to the beginning of your campaign.
- We may give a partial refund if we are unable to find the minimum number of hosts required for your campaign. (The campaign minimums can be seen on our services page.) Administrative costs will still apply. No refund will be given for a host’s failure to post, for negative reviews, or if you do not like their reviews or posts.
- Termination of booked campaigns must be provided in writing in email or postal mail format only. Social media or private messaging are not valid. Termination fees will apply based on project timeline.
- For Book Box Tours, once accepted and confirmed by the client, JustRead will start working on the campaign. Client will need to arrange shipment of books to JustRead as soon as books are available. Once campaign is scheduled, client has 10 days to cancel. Otherwise, an administrative fee and purchases already made for the campaign will be invoiced to client.
We at JustRead Publicity Tours are so honored to be preparing a campaign for your book or bookish event. Thank you for working with us!
(last updated March 2, 2018)